Monday, December 1, 2008

The Last Remnant



So, my roommate's sister came over for Thanksgiving and brought The Last Remnant with her. I have to say, I was originally turned off from the different fighting style, until I played it myself. It is a totally unique fighting style in which you don't actually select each character's actions, but you group a bunch of characters together into a union and select one of a few options, and the characters will attack, use magic (if they can), special attack arts, or heal. At first it was weird, but as I went on, I found myself enjoying the gameplay. Each union's HP and AP (for magic and arts) is aggregate of all the characters comprised of the union, therefore making a powerful entity that (usually) doesn't die unless all of the HP is depleted. The story is of a boy, Rush, trying to save his sister (well, I'm not that far into the game, so I don't know how much further it goes). Suffice it to say that this is a must-have for RPG players!

No comments: