Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Horribly fascinating...

Okay, so I have read the entire The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, which I have already highly recommended... Then they made the TV show off of it, called The Legend of the Seeker. Wow... it is... um... different. They completely botched the plot up to holy hell, making me pound my feet in anger at the stupidity of how they ruined the whole first book with some of their messed up plots. The main character, Richard, looks very young and... I want to say innocent, but it's not... it's just stupid. He is STUPID!!! Richard is supposed to be smart, cunning, and able to quickly find the answers to questions, but this one doesn't go through that process. After the problem is solved, it seems an epiphany just comes to him and he learns a lesson or something. It makes me think of the old Hercules series where they just go around saving random people time after time. Of course, I'm stupid as well, as I just can't stop watching it, hahaha... It's interesting to see how far they can deviate from the plot and how much they just leave out or skip. So far they have managed to skip an entire tribe of main characters, so we'll see how it works. :)

For those who have not read the series, it might be interesting to watch, but once they read the book, they will either laugh or cry at the way it was butchered into this television show...

No comments: