Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Day the Earth Stood Still



So, I'm going to be seeing The Day the Earth Stood Still tomorrow in theaters. We've already a small group built up to go watch it together. Therefore, I must do my proper research, so I am watching the original The Day the Earth Stood Still from 1951. Of course the spaceship and the alien are completely tacky compared to today's standards, but I am liking it so far. Instead of a vicious alien invasion, it is about an alien who comes in concern for the other planets, who think that if humans gain space travel, they will bring their wars and destruction to the rest of the planets and endanger them, so he comes to warn the world that they must keep their destructive ways to themselves, or else the planet will be destroyed. I so like older movies, because they actually had to rely on a good story and well-developed plot line to hold the movie up without special graphics being inserted every 5 seconds. While I'm not finished with the movie yet, I am really enjoying it and would recommend it as a must-see to film lovers. :)

No comments: