Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Friends/Family

So, I have a group of best friends from high school that are my family. There are six (including me) that are considered our 'group.' While there were others who mingled within, they were never considered part of the group, yet were welcomed warmly with friendship. All of us had our own unique personalities, likes, and dislikes that spanned a broad spectrum. We all were in the same grade, and all became best friends (one even became my twin, being believed by some).
First is Julie: my twin. If I were straight, we could probably be soulmates the way we mesh so well, but to think of it that way now is... well... it would be incestuous for me to even think it... blah. We have a ton in common, similar reactions to various events and similar likes led to friendship, and our small differences compliment each other well (I had a job as a beauty adviser, she as a grease monkey [mechanic]). Even when on opposite sides of the state, and without having talked to one another in a while, we both do something weird like sign up for kickboxing classes at our college during the same semester.
Second is Marie: the army girl. Smart, funny, and motivated, she was also the one I tended to vacation with when I went to random places like Palm Springs, where my sister and her friend would proceed to give her a makeover. She is tough, having joined the army out of high school (2004), being a nurse in the service, and having completed a tour in Iraq, she is someone I look up to. She handles situations well, with a capable mind. She also seems to get a lot of second-hand electronics from me... though that's not bad, since they were all in working order (^_^).
Next we have Jenny: my entertainment capital of the world. Having graduated from LMU, and being awesome as she is, this is my girl for music, movies, musicals, and anything entertainment. She has introduced me to much music and interesting movies, along with showing some of the fun things she herself wrote and directed. Talented and motivated, I know she can go far as long as she can persevere.
Fourth is April: the animal-lover. April is my animal encyclopedia, knowing much about animals, and whatever she doesn't know, she would want to learn anyways for the knowledge's sake. She is also an artist with much potential, who is constantly growing and will, in my mind, be great as long as she continues. I already called dibs on one of her paintings when she decides to sell it. :)
Last, but not least, is Caitlin: the hermit. This damn girl is impossible to reach!!! While incredibly fun and rediculously inventive, she is shy around strangers yet kooky fun with the group. She's our pirate, Galcomb Threepwood!

So, where am I going with this? Julie is down from Northern California and Marie is here from Texas, so of course a reunion is commencing. Julie is staying with me, which is always fun... Wonder Twin power, activate! The other day we hung out with Marie, who also spent the night, and today we all met at Jenny's apartment in LA and just chilled. It is great to see them again. It has been so long, and I don't have them to be with in my times of need, so I get all that I can when they're here. However, we have to resort to sneakery to lure the elusive hermit out of her habitat, so we're having one of our friends, Jiin, pull her out (by her hair, if necessary) of her place to see us. Jiin has known her practically since Caitlin was born, and so has much stronger ties to her. What a sneaky group we are! This is our master plan for the New Years, and here's to hoping that yours could be such an adventure as our lovely 'kidnapping.'

No comments: