Saturday, December 20, 2008

WTF?!

Okay... so... I just got laid off yesterday. No warning but the hour-and-a-half left of the job day. I understand the economy is bad, our market is suffering, and our parent company is having problems, but couldn't they have the decency to wait until AFTER Christmas?! There is no way I'll get an interview next week or the week after unless I have inside contacts. Everyone will be preparing their work load to get ahead for the holiday days off. Granted, they gave me two weeks severance pay, that still only lasts me until I can start getting interviews. I filed for unemployment, and I will start looking for work again right away. -_-
This is the way my life goes. I decide to go back to school, even register for a class, then something like this happens. ugh! Well, off I go on the job hunt.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I just heard from Ginger Mayerson that you were laid off! How sad, you were my favorite person over there (actually I didn't really communicate with anyone else, but still). Good luck in the job hunt, because I'm still searching for a job myself!