Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday Weekend!

So, I started my weekend off with the viewing of Rita Rocks, as talked about on my earlier blog, and spent the night at my dad's Saturday was fun. I woke up early, had an English muffin with butter and peanut butter... mmm *drool* Then I went with my dad to visit his workplace in LA. He works at a place that works on heavy machine repairs (one piece of equipment they have can hold 50 tons max weight!). Afterward I went to my mom's boyfriend's house in southern OC to make a birthday dinner. I love to cook, but the stuff I like to cook would be really expensive because I use a bunch of fresh ingredients, and if I don't have certain spices on hand, I would have to go buy... So they got the groceries for the meal and got to help me with some of the cooking because it would have taken a LONG time for me to do alone, since there was a lot of chopping and preparing and running around to do... haha. So, we made herb grissini (breadsticks with parsley and basil, made from scratch - yeast and water mixed with flour and left to rise) and baba ganouj (an eggplant dip), I attempted a mexican rice, which came out grossly undercooked (sadly), and grilled chicken with a topping that consisted of: grilled red bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, parsley, and some spiced blended so that it's a chunky liquid. It was delicious, of course! And my mom made a salad to go with it. The breadsticks were amazing, because you also sprinkle sea salt chunks on it for the lovely salty crunch to go with the crunchy breadsticks. :)

Sunday consisted of going to church (which was much shorter than what it seemed when I was little, haha) with my dad and step-mom. Then we went to their friend's place to drop some stuff off then go to lunch with her. She is a very sweet lady, and also is starting her own line of dog panties. They are totally cute, and you can check them out here. It's called Surf City BitchWear. :) We ate at Katella Deli, which is DELICIOUS, as many of my family could attest to. (^_^) The rest of the day was just hanging out. All-in-all, a fairly decent weekend.

No comments: